The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the daily operations and clinical functions for the agency and is responsible for maintaining quality of standards of care. The Director communicates the mission, vision, and values of the organization to the staff, provides support and encourages staff to perform according to professional standards. The Director assumes fiscal responsibility for all budgets and serves as liaison with the medical community and with community leaders to promote appropriate utilization of agency services.
- Is responsible for case and episode management for the location from the standpoint of quality of care of the patient and the financial outcome of having a positive margin.
- Is accountable for managing the cost and expenses of operating the location.
- May be responsible for on-call visits after hours and on weekends/holidays if below the established census level.
Using HomeCare HomeBase:
- Verifies/updates client service location
- and approves non-admits
- declined reauthorization requests
- approves aide only, no 485, referral
- infection control report
- client complaint report
- Agent summary report weekly
- Agent visit time report
- Employee payroll audit report
- Missed visits by agent report
- Office user daily task report
- Productivity analysis report
- Rescheduled visits report
- Visit time audit report
- Visit time summary report
- Conducts case conference
- Generates monthly on call schedule as required
- Processes non-visit activity entries
- Runs coordination notes report for on call type to determine necessary actions
- Follows up regarding delays in processing wound score deviations
- Approves the addition of unlisted:
- Will follow-up regarding delay in:
Rescheduling declined visit
Rescheduling missed visit
Processing reassigned visit
Reassignment of reschedule request
- Implements the Governing Body’s directives and ensures that appropriate service policies are developed and implemented.
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates operations to ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate care and services.
- Provides overall direction to ensure clinical services are provided in accordance with standards established through state and federal regulations.
- Ensures the delivery of quality patient care. Assures that skilled nursing and other therapeutic services furnished are under the supervision and direction of a physician or registered nurse. Ensures program personnel have current clinical information and current practices.
- Develops operational plan in collaboration with each department’s manager, for goals, measures, and targets in alignment with the overall goals of the organization.
- Utilizes problem-solving method of stating the problem, performing root cause analysis, and identifying strategic step for solutions.
- Reviews departmental trends and facilitates improvement of processes through Process Improvement activities. Inform the Governing Body, staff, and Professional Advisory Committee of current organizational, community, and industry trends.
- Prepares reports and analysis showing progress and adverse trends with appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accrediting standards, applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures the accuracy of public information materials and activities.
- Does fiscal planning, budgeting, and management of operations in accordance with established fiscal parameters.
- Recruits, employs, and retains adequate qualified personnel to maintain appropriate staffing needs, utilizes staff in an efficient manner.
- Provides professional growth and development of staff and ensures adequate staff education, orientation and evaluation.
- Encourages staff development through the Performance Improvement Program. Directs and monitors organizational Performance Improvement activities.
- Assures appropriate staff supervision during all hours of operation.
- Maintains ongoing liaison with field staff and the community.
- Appoints a similarly qualified alternate to be available at all times during operating hours in the absence of the Director.
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communications
- Participates in weekly Episode Management calls to corporate headquarters.
- Participates in conference calls to headquarters to address financial, clinical and 485 issues.
- Conducts internal marketing meeting and oversees performance of marketers.
- Other duties as assigned.