***$3,000 SIGN ON BONUS***
Join the nation’s premiere Home Health and Hospice group! Guardian Angel Home Health is one of the fastest growing Home Health agencies in the country. With over 22 locations nationwide many of our branches carry impressive star ratings and are recognized as one of the lead providers in Home Health, Hospice, DME and Out Patient Rehab.
When you join our team you will have the advantage of industry leading compensation and benefit packages to choose from. A team environment with lead management support. State of the art equipment and charting system in HomeCare HomeBase (HCHB), and the chance to advance with one of the leading providers of Homecare in the country.
The Occupational Therapist plans and provides occupational therapy programs for the treatment of physical and psychological dysfunction in accordance with the physician's plan of care. Focuses on activities of daily living and practice in functional skills. Adapts programs to the needs of the individual patient.
1. Does initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the client's needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments at appropriate time points
2. Develops and revises the plan of care in consultation with the physician and other care team members
3. Provides therapeutic treatments and evaluation of equipment needs as applicable
4. Advises and consults with the family and other agency personnel as applicable
5. Prepares clinical and progress notes
6. Evaluates outcomes of care
7. Supervises Therapy Assistants and Home Health Aides as appropriate
8. Participates in in-service programs, mandatory Agency staff meetings, case conferences, educational offerings and training programs as required by agency.
9. Plans of discharge
10. Communicates the plan of care to the patient's case manager and other Agency disciplines.
11. Observes the patient for changes in condition and/or needs and reports any changes to case manager and/or physician.
12. Contacts appropriate health team members when additional modalities and/or services required.
13. Participates in quarterly utilization review and chart audits for OBQI/OBQM as requested
14. Ensures compliance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation and CHAP standards and any other regulatory requirements
15. Utilizes the Case Manager as the first resource when problems or questions occur in the field, including charting guidelines, coordination of disciplines, and supervision of home health aide services.
Graduate of an approved Occupational Therapy curriculum. Current registration by the American Occupational Association and/or licensure in the State of employment as required. Minimum of one year recent clinical experience as an occupational therapist. Home care experience preferred.
Demonstrates strong assessment and treatment skills. Possesses good verbal and written skills with a willingness to work within a team concept. Must be a licensed driver with an insured automobile in good working order.